Monday 15 April 2013

Final bit of editing!

So I'm finally back at school after my Easter break and I literally could not wait to do my final bit of editing for my music video!
As I expected, after looking through my old couple footage again I decided that I wouldn't be able to include the beginning interview  I tried doing it where I used jump cuts from line to line, but I felt it didn't work as well at all, especially as it wasn't filmed on a tripod.
 Here is a short clip of one of the takes:


So instead I decided that if I was going to have my older couple, I will only show them at the end of the video, so that my audience can follow the narrative of them being friends when they were younger, till the boy having to move away, and then somehow they grew old together. Because of the shots in my music video before told the story, this was able to work and having the tin at the end shows the association. The shot I used at the end of my video was from the shot at the end of the clip above. However, I reversed and slightly slow down the pace of the shot to make it look like the camera went from the love heart tins and then pan up to reveal the same couple just older. This isn't what I wanted at the beginning, but actually it works and I do quite like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment